I find it so interesting that in a culture and society so over populated lacks listeners, genuinely good people to befriend and have serve moments of loneliness. How is that at all possible? How is it possible that you can sit at home and for that night have a muddle of loneliness sit inside your gut, rotting out. You wake up, moment has passed and you're yet again surrounded by people. Its almost like we are so focused on the success of ones self and grasp of the self fulfilled dream we have created a form of disconnect. Its just strange. I feel like if anything, this generation is more connected to one another than ever before. Global Village, a form of ideology created by Marshall McLuhan has been reached. In doing so we now have the ability to carry on friendships across the globe. And yet, with all this great technology, all these advances we still end up alone, or with this feeling of 'alone'. We still sit with that small empty rut in us, maybe not all the time but we all come across it enough to have it noticed. I mean I hope everyone can have self fulfillment, thats fantastic but how can you avoid this new found glorification of disconnect. Its as if technology has began to hollow us out. A text message over a phone call, an e-mail over a letter, BBM instead of coffee. If you say I love you through a text message does it have as much substance as if you were to see and hear it directly? If someone said anything to you really, does visual text carry the same weight as the spoken word. We are becoming lost in our own translations. Is this disconnect a form of defence? Intentionally there to subconsciously protect us from forgetting the real goal we're taught in life "ourselves". To avoid..something.. nothing.. I don't know where I'm going with this.. I'm just thinking.
People are an entire package, flaws and all. I just don't really understand how we have been able to become so disconnected and so obsessed with perfection in one another. Its weird. I feel weird about it. We all relate, we all have an opinion, a care in the world, dreams and the same colour blood that runs through our veins. Isn't, shouldn't that be all that matters? We are one. When did that fall apart. When did the independent individual become so important. When did we forget about one another.
No comments:
Post a Comment